Locked table in Oracle

From: (wrong string) é Rolander Nygaard <rrn_at_lyin.dk>
Date: 1997/02/26

From PowerBuilder i do an update, then a Commit ; The application will try to re-connect, if it should happend to disconnect from the server.
To test this i did this :
UPDATE concurrency-table ;
Pulled the net-cable from the computer
COMMIT - which failed, due to the lost net-cable. Reconnect every 10 second until a new connect. Plugged the net-cable in
reconnected

Now the concurrency table is locked. I can't do a rollback or commit, since Oracle think i'm not the user. I have to shutdown the server, in order to get access to the concurrency-table !!!

This can't be right !
Is should be possible for Oracle to detect this, and unlock the table.

rrn_at_lyin.dk