Symmetric Replication

From: Phil Melendez <pme_at_cts.com>
Date: 1997/02/24

All,

I have recently been tasked to implement a Symmetric Replication environment for a client. I have attended the 5-day SymRep course provided by Oracle and have just finished reading Oracles white paper on "Strategies and Techniques for Using Oracle7 Replication". I had a couple of questions and was hoping someone could provide answers/opinions or direct me to the appropriate sources.

        o What are the potential issues/"gotchas" involved with the following

           configuration.

        o  I noticed on page 25 of Oracles white paper "Strategies and
           Techniques for Using Oracle7 Replication" references to
           to a snapshot administrator and to grant_admin_repschma
	   and was wondering if thesewere still the way to go if
           I was using Oracle 7.3.2.2.  If not was is the correct
	   usage.

        o  Is there more information available on Symmetric Replication
           in general and Symmetric Replication implementation issues
           specifically.

Thank you for your time in answer these questions.

Regards,

Phil Melendez Received on Mon Feb 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message