SQL Net connect string for Microsoft Windows Network

From: Michael Post <mpost_at_westworld.com>
Date: 1997/02/20

I am looking to access a database via a Microsoft Windows Network (NetBeui?) as opposed to TCP-IP (X:), NetBios (B:), etc.. Does anyone know what the network prefix is for that in the SQL*Net connect string? My documentation does not list it. If it is not 'normally' available, is there another way in which I can access the database.

I am using NT 4.0, the Oracle server is NT 3.51, and I am using ODBC.

P.S. An e-mail reply to mpost_at_westworld.com is appreciated Received on Thu Feb 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message