Re: Books on Oracle

From: Jensen Langford - Sun UK - Contractor <jensen.langford_at_uk.sun.com>
Date: 1997/02/13

David J. Clarke wrote:

> I'm fairly new to working with Oracle (less than a year) and I'm looking
> for suggestions on after market books that others have found valuable. The
> Oracle manuals are fine as far as they go, but I'm looking for after market
> books that others have found valuable on the following topics:
>
> 1. Oracle Architechture (Overview/high level stuff)
> 2. Database Tuning
> 3. Database Administration (WAN issues, Replication, multiserver issues)
>
> Regards,
>
> David J. Clarke

David,

I would recommend checking out the books in the Oracle Press set. I have several from the collection including DBA handbook, Tuning and Backup and recovery. The books are published by Osbourne and authorised by Oracle.

Search for Oracle Press in Yahoo and you'll get a stack of links, you can view snippets from the Books and even download source at some places.

Also Oracle Performance Tuning O'Reilly & Associates, Inc is great. It covers tuning from an Analyst/designer/developer and DBA's point of view. isbn:1-56592-048-1.

Also use www.oracle.com, the oracle magazines are great sources of info.

Hope this helps

Jens. Received on Thu Feb 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message