Re: Informix vs Oracle, alleged trade secret theft

From: Chih-Cherng Chin <c811052_at_bsdpc2.iii.org.tw>
Date: 1997/02/11

Joshua Freeland (jfeeland_at_sanet.com) wrote:
: The usual soloution is did the employer have you to sign an agreement
: that you would not use anything you learned from being employed by
: them while working on a certain project for your advancement . If not
: then you are free to use it in my opion.
I have a question about this:
If I later work for another company, could I use the idea I created during the period I work for my ex-employer? For example, if I'm the 1st one in the company to think about certain query optimization techniques, can I use it at my next job(if not for me, my ex-employer might have no chance to get a hold of it)? The difference is between anything you learned vs. anything created(or found out) by you.

What's your opinion?

Chih-Cherng Chin
elmo_at_iii.org.tw Received on Tue Feb 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message