Could I directly access ORACLE database file via MS-Windows without a ORACLE server

From: Bing Zhang <bzhang_at_sohar.com>
Date: 1997/02/07

Greetings,

I am totally new to the ORACLE and hope somebody could clear some thoughts for me.

I just got some database files written by ORACLE server version 7 ( I think those are .dbf files). But unfortunately we do not have any Oracle products at our company. What we have are the latest version of Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Microsoft SQL server (We have window NT server). I am just wondering whether it is possible for us to pull out useful data from those .dbf file with all the resource we have on Microsoft. If possible, I prefer to work with Access 7.0 and Visual Basic.

Thanks a lot.

Bing Zhang
Software Engineer and System Administrator SoHaR Inc.
bzhang_at_sohar.com Received on Fri Feb 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message