access SQL function type using sqllib?

From: Dave Plonka <dev_dp_at_mfa.com>
Date: 1997/02/07

I have some code currently written using OCI, but would like to take advantage of the cursor caching done by the sqllib when using embedded SQL. The problem is, in my OCI code, I conditionally ofetch after oexec based upon whether or not the "ft" (function type) member of the CDA indicates that the parsed statement was of FT_SELECT type or not.

If I convert my code to using dynamic method 4 embedded SQL can I determine, at run-time, the type of statement I've parsed?

And, more importantly, will there be a benefit due to the sqllib cursor caching using dynamic method 4 over a simple OCI application which uses only one cursor?

Thanks for any info! (please e-mail reply as well following-up.) Thanks,
Dave

--
  Dave.Plonka_at_mfa.com   http://www.cc.edu/~plonka   ARS:N9HZF   Waukesha, WI