Re: SQL*NET problem?

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1997/02/04

Patricia Rodriguez-Tome wrote:

> But if I use one program they provide , I get the following error message :
>
> Oracle Data Dictionary is being read. Please wait...
> [ Oracle LDA Error : Number -12203
> Message: ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination
> ,offset: 0
> 12203, 00000, "TNS:unable to connect to destination"

// *Cause: Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening.
// This error can also occur because of underlying network transport
// problems.
// *Action: Verify that the service name you entered on the command line
// was correct. Ensure that the listener is running at the remote node and
// that the ADDRESS parameters specified in TNSNAMES.ORA are correct.
// Finally, check that all Interchanges needed to make the connection are
// up and running.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841