Re: Informix vs Oracle, alleged trade secret theft

From: No Spam Here <brtaylor_at_no.spam.com>
Date: 1997/02/03

In article <32F656D4.4EF9_at_worldnet.att.net>,

        netac <netac_at_worldnet.att.net> writes:
> Mike Segel wrote:

 [snip]
>> You have to remember that they paid you to learn and do the research >> to develop the product, hence they have a right to that product.  [snip]
> Well, what you are saying then is that Trader-X, for the very fact that
> you developed your skills/knowledge while in their employment, now owns
> all future rights to your skill because you are admitting that you can't
> go work for Trader-VIC under almost any circumstance since they do the
> same work.

[snip]

That is NOT what he said AT ALL! Evidently you fail to understand the difference between skills/knowledge and product development.

| Bob Taylor             Email: brtaylor_at_qtpi.lakewood.ca.us    |
| A witty statement goes here! (when I get to it!)              |