Silk Database? A tool to integrate differnt database...

From: Dadai <oesd_at_email.gcn.net.tw>
Date: 1997/01/31

Hi! All!

Once I've saw a TV program at Discovery channel. In that program, they introduce a database integration tool which can retrieve data from all kind of different database format and build the linking to each other. Then arrange data in a silk (or Web weave) like to show the database connection. This program was developed in Australia and Australia SEC use it to track down illegal internal stock transaction. They also has a real life example about Dutch police use it to nail down criminal gangsters.

I forgot what the program name. Should be something like Silk or Web. However, I*m very interesting at this program. Does anyone know it? I*ve try to search on AltaVista and Yahoo. However, I*ve drawn in their information sea. They always give me a search hit like 30,000 to 100,000. I*ve tried Discovery and with no luck also.

Does anyone aware of this program? Or which Australian company made it? Could you please provide me name of the company and program? Please reply it direct to my email box. Thanks a lot.

Mac Chen Received on Fri Jan 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message