Umm, "Re: ANNOUNCING: CROSSPOSTED SPAM SPAM SPAM" is cross-posted.

From: Sundial Services <info_at_sundialservices.com>
Date: 1997/01/31

In article <5cqp6e$h5k_at_kanga.accessone.com> pbohme_at_accessone.com (Paul Bohme) writes:

> Oooh, the militant anti message camp. Sure, we hate spam so much that we're
>going to spam several innocent bystanders, because dammit we think someone
>misused their system.
> Be real. It says ANNOUNCEMENT: in the subject. Quite considerate of them,
>IMHO. That means PRODUCT ADVERTISEMENT. If I'm interested in reading it, then
>I read it. If I'm not, then _I_don't_read_it_. Difficult concept, eh? Too
>bad everyone trumpeting their product here isn't kind enough to do the same...

>Paul Bohme
>(No, I don't love advertisements, but I appreciate the considerate ones..)
>Flames > /dev/nul

But folks.. this message is cross-posted heavily -- another problem. Please allow this thread to die or shorten the newsgroup list considerably. The thought has been echoed many times.

Anytime you see a heavily-cross-posted message such as this one: (a) please don't automatic-flame the sender {it's more spam}, but (b) please shorten the list, or decide if it deigns to have a reply at all.

Thank you. Received on Fri Jan 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message