Re: Setting up odbc

From: Thomas Griffin <tgriffin_at_qualitech.com>
Date: 1997/01/31

Stewart Hay wrote:

> Can anyone briefly explain the steps that I need to go through to set up
> odbc. I am trying to setup a connection from a software package to an
> oracle license located on a server over the network. I have downloaded
> the Intersolv odbc drivers but just can't seem to set it up properly on
> my NT 4.0 platform. Any help would be appreciated
>
> Stewart Hay
> Research Officer GIS
> Dept. Conservation and Land Management
> Western Australia
> email: stewarth_at_calm.wa.gov.au

If you have Oracle support, call and get the Oracle Networking Products Release 2.3 for Windows products. It is free and contains sqlnet, odbc drivers, development tools, and sqlplus.

If you do not have suppport, call your sales rep or download the trial nt server from oracle's site and use the sqlnet and odbc it contains.

--
Thomas Griffin
Project Leader