Re: SQL*Trax ?????

From: Charles A. Priddy <chuck_priddy_at_bmc.com>
Date: 1997/01/31

   Actually BMC Software Inc. acquired Turnstone software and SQL*Trax in 1995.

   I work for BMC and we don't use news to advertise our products but the
previous email gave the wrong information - so please no flames.

   SQL*Trax (which is in the process of having its name changed to Patrol DB-Log Master for Oracle) is the only available product which displays the contents of both the Oracle Redo and Archive Log files. There are numerous statistical reports and information that can help you in log based system auditing, application debugging, system tuning, and recovery assistance among others.

     If you'd like more information, you can call BMC sales at (800) 841-2031 or you
can access the SQL*Trax web page at
 http://www.bmc.com/products/trx/index.html    or navigate from
 http://www.bmc.com-->software solutions-->Database Administration-->Log Analysis series SQL*Trax

  If your primary concern is Oracle space management, BMC also has a product called
Patrol DB-Reorg for Oracle which quickly reorganizes various database objects to optimize the use
of the space you already have. Its web page is http://www.bmc.com/products/pat/dm/pdbr.html

granaman_at_mail.phonet.com (OraSaurus) wrote in message <5crsjg$if1_at_iorich.phonet.com>:

>In article <01bc0ef1$115ac5c0$c2262299_at_asdf>,
> "Mike Curtis" <battlezone_at_msn.com> wrote:
>>Has anyone heard of SQL*Trax? It's a redo log analyzer for Oracle,
 and was
>>(is?) sold by a company called TurnStone software, Inc. A guy named
 Scott
>>Martin, the president of the company, wrote a paper and did a
 presentation
>>at IOUW on SQL*Trax. It showed SQL statements as they were written to
 the
>>redo logs in real-time, and could be used to predict future database
>>activity based on past usage patterns.
>>
>>I'm just curious whether SQL*Trax/Turnstone/Mr. Martin still exist or
 not.
>>Plz. send me e-mail if you have any info (battlezone_at_msn.com).
>>Thanx...-Mike C.
>
>Platinum bought it.

 * Chuck Priddy                                                     *
 *    BMC Software                  E-Mail :  Chuck_Priddy_at_bmc.com  *
 *    10415-I Morado Circle         Voice  :  (512) 795-6045        *
 *    Austin, Texas 78759           Fax    :  (512) 795-6000        *