(no subject)

From: <prab.athilat_at_fmr.com>
Date: 1997/01/31

Hi,

I need some info about spreading tables across different datafiles of a tablespace to reduce contention.

Our tablespaces are spread across three different devices (i.e. each tablespace has a file on each device). I would like to spread all tables across all the devices so that each process of parallel query option will
read different datafiles.

We are using 7.3.2 on HP-9000, 4 CPUs and data are loaded using SQL*Loader.

Any help will be appreciated,

Atul Ashar

Atul,
My understanding is that there is some parallel load option which will take care of this. You ned to look into the SqlLoader Parallel load options for details. Your configuration seems to be prfectly fine Prab Athilat
prab.athilat_at_fmr.com Received on Fri Jan 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message