Re: VB or PB???

From: Justin Purington <puringj_at_hlthsrc.com>
Date: 1997/01/27

Robert Bergeron wrote:
> I'm in the process of researching the pros and cons of Visual Basic and
> Powerbuilder - which one is the better tool for non-enteriprise-wide
> development (since I've read that
> _neither_ do that job very well and there are better tools for that use)?
> If anyone has some information or a definitive source to go to for
> that information, it would be greatly appreciated.

We've found PB to be a good tool for developing enterprise wide applications. PB integrates quite easily with most enterprise database servers, and has a good object model for object-oriented design and to promote reuse.

If you are looking for a heavy duty tool for database intensive business applications, PB does that very well. If you are looking to develop small, tight, non-database apps, PB is not a good fit.

Justin Received on Mon Jan 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message