Re: Informix vs Oracle, alleged trade secret theft

From: Mike Segel <mikey_at_segel.com>
Date: 1997/01/24

Yomama Sophat wrote:

> (Referring to the latest www.news.com)
> Some questions for discussion:
>
> 1) Who's in the right?

Informix.
Ever read one of those non-compete clauses? It will bar you from going to a competitor for a period of time. Legally, in states where they are considered "right to work" states, then you have a tough case, however, when you have trade secrets and proprietary information, then you have a good case. From the article it looks like Informix has a good case. Especially in light of the GM/Volkswagen decision. (Or was it Ford?) Anyways, I am not a lawyer so don't take my word for it.

> 2) Who will win in the end?

No one except the lawyers.

> 3) Who's got the better technology?

This followup is from c.d.i. Care to guess ;-)

-Mikey Received on Fri Jan 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message