Re: DataBase program for Web site

From: Rob Vonderhaar <RVonder_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/01/17

> > hats_at_servtech.com (Hugo Acosta) wrote:
> >
> > >I need know if there is a pre-designed software program (UNIX based I
> > >believed) that can act as
> > >a Database Search engine in a specific Web site, where it could
> > >manipulate (search and query)
> > >specific data that is periodically updated and input from an external
> > >source. In other words, I
> > >want to put our store items information on the Web (our future site),
> > >where the Internet Browser
> > >will be able to search, query, and may be order any of those items.

> > >Thanks for your help and response.

> > >HUGO ACOSTA
Hugo,
What you appear to be looking for is a 'turnkey' application for implementing an "Internet commerce" type of application.

Speedware Corporation offers, I believe, exactly what you want. It is called "Speedware Store", and it is a packaged application based on our Autobahn product which can be easily customized to your exact requirements. Autobahn is the first high-performance 4GL development environment specifically designed for rapid creation of Internet-based OLTP applications like this.

You can find more details and links to actual sites using Autobahn and the Speedware Store at Speedware's Web site, <http://www.speedware.com>.

Hope this helps -

Rob Vonderhaar
Business Intelligence Division
Speedware USA Received on Fri Jan 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message