Re: Restricting CREATE priviliges

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/14

Yes, you can restrict create priviliges by objects in Oracle 7+.

I suggest you look under object priviliges in the Oracle Server DBA Manual or in the Application Developer's Guide. There is a create privilige for just about every type of database object.

This is true as long as users are not created on your system with the roles of DBA or RESOURCE.

You can create procedures that use the dbms_sql package to create objects for users who do not have object create priviliges.

I hope this helps. Received on Tue Jan 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message