Printing to remote Win95 network printers

From: John Metcalfe <JOHN_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1996/12/21

This seems to me like many would be doing it already. Yet i find myself trying to re-invent the wheel!

How do you arrange for reports to be transported, via TCP/IP, from a rremote Unix installation to a Win95 machine and be printed?

We have just installed Oracle financials database package on a remote provider's Unix machine. Internally we use a Banyan network, which may be superceded, - (so we don't want to be painted into any corners!). We are also using a lot of MS Windows networking to share printers. We are accessing the Oracle financials database package database using TCP/IP on a ISDN line. What we need to be able to do is print reports generated by the Oracle financials package to printers attached to machines on our network - basically Windows network printers. Do I need to add more?

Thanx

PS I'm pretty new to the Unix envirionment.

John Metcalfe                  Phone Work  (09) 426 9215
Software Support                     Home  (09) 387 2753
Disability Services Commission       Fax   (09) 426 9380
                      ,~,_/\         Mobile 0418 901 470
                     /      \  Email JOHN_at_ozemail.com.au
PO Box 441          {   OZ   }       JOHN_at_dsc.wa.gov.au
West Perth 6872 ==>  *_,~~\_/        JOHN_at_Perthpcug.org.au
Western Australia                    dsc1_at_omen.com.au
              WWW http://www.omen.com/~dsc1
Any opinions are my own, not nescessarily those of DSC