Hot Backups - changing datafiles

From: Doug Anderson <dathedba_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1996/12/13

I am attempting to perform some hot backups of specific tablespaces. The special utility that I am using to perform the actual filesystem backup is reporting that the datafiles are being changed during the save operation. Isn't the '...begin backup' supposed to leave the datafiles dormant until the '...end backup' is performed?

Here is a portion of the Unix shell script.

svrmgrl <<EOFarch1
connect internal
alter tablespace TEMP begin backup;
!echo TEMP tablespace
!date
!sleep 60
!save -s analog -b oracle /u03/oradata/live/templive*
alter tablespace TEMP end backup;
exit
EOFarch1

Any help would be appreciated.

  • Doug Anderson Oracle Database Administrator DAtheDBA_at_mindspring.com