What DBMS to use with SAP?

From: Rick Gebethner <gebethner_at_intranet.ca>
Date: 1996/12/13

I need need to recommend a DBMS to run with SAP. We will likely deploy SAP in both two and three tier applications.

We currently have NT, HP, and Digital Unix servers in-house. We run mostly Sybase, with some MS SQL Server. SAP does not run on Sybase.

Our front end apps are mostly written in VB, connectivity is via ODBC. Our data and applications are distributed. We will soon be relying on Sybase replication server extensively. The organization has in the order of 3,500 people.

I am interested in issues of:

performance,
reliability,
maintainability,
ease of use,
vendor support,
systems management.

Price and the fit with our current architecture also belong in this picture.

Any experiences / opinions you can share would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Rick Gebethner Received on Fri Dec 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message