Re: [Q] INSTALLING SQL*NET V2

From: netac <netac_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1996/12/10

Phillp Robinson wrote:

> I am a sysadm with Solaris 2.4 and Novell NetWare 3.11 running.
> My problem is how do i configure SQL*NET TNSNAMES.ORA file for
> SPX protocol. There are plenty example with TCP/IP but none for a
> SPX protocol.

You really should use the Oracle Network Manager Windows software to configure your SQLNET V2 and NAMES server config files. In this software, you add a COMMUNITY which encompasses a protocol (IPX/SPX), then you can add nodes which support it, listeners, dah, dah, dah. It generates the proper config files for your server. Received on Tue Dec 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message