Re: Oracle TNS:12203 and Win95 Help!

From: Brian Michael <oracledba_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/12/10

Casey Sisterson wrote:

> John Wayne Martin wrote:
> >
> > You can not do that. Ask a powersoft engineerr to send you a
> > compatability list for win95 and sql-net. SPX is not suppoered in the
> > 32 bit mode.
> >
> > JohnThat is not true at all! I currently have SPX running on my Windows 95 machine,
> connecting just fine to Windows 95.
>
> Things to check out if your getting an error:
> 1) Can you loop back connect from your server using sqlplus?
> 2) Can you connect using Oracle Sqlplus from your client? Both the 16bit AND
> the 32bit client?
> 3) Is your server name correct in your PB?
>
> To whomever initially sent this post, just send email to me, I can walk you thru it (It
> took me about 4-5 days to get everything perfect).
> --
> Casey Sisterson (csisters_at_mb.sympatico.ca)
> Selkirk, Manitoba CanadaTNS 12203 will indicate that you TNSNAMES.ORA file is not properly set or
that the SID Name is not properly set on your host.

Verify that the LSNRCTL STAT command reports that your sid "name" has a service handler. If it does, verify that your TCP IP Port (assuming TCP) is set to 1521/tcp in /etc/services (Assuming Unix) or /winnt/system32/drivers/etc/services in NT.

If that is set OK, check to see that the TNSNAMES.ora file has the proper syntax and the CONNECT=(SID="name") value is properly set to your sid.

Brian
oracledba_at_earthlink.net Received on Tue Dec 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message