Re: Stored Procedures and CURSORs

From: Todd Verstraten <tverstrat_at_tier3.com>
Date: 1996/12/09

Stored procedures cannot direcltly work with result sets. Internally you can use the record sets but that is confined to the context of the PL/SQL block. The typical approach (very crude) is to dump the results into a temporary table then have your interface query that table for its result set.

Todd Verstraten
mailto:tverstrat_at_tier3.com
http://www.tier3.com

Rick Meshriy <meshriy_at_xsis.xerox.com> wrote in article <587f39$kgr_at_news.cp10.es.xerox.com>...

> Hi,
>
> Would someone please tell me if it is possible to pass CURSORs into
 and/or out
> of Stored Procedures? If it is, please show me some sample code how.
>
> My end application is written in Visual FoxPro. Using SQL Pass-Through,
 I can