Re: SQL*Loader - only AND's available?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/12/08

In article <32A8499A.7E7A_at_metlife.co.za>, Deon de Villiers <tsunix_at_metlife.co.za> writes
>Adem Hamidovic wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to do a bit of pre-processing before inserting values into
>> the table. I can get loader to work using a fixed-length data file,
>> but the amount of pre-processing I can do appears to be limited by
>> sql*loader. Am I correct in assuming that only AND's are available
>> when using WHEN? If so, is there any way I can nest these AND's? I've
>> tried something like: when ((condition A) AND (condition B)) AND
>> Condition C

 [snip]
>The way you get around it, is by having multiple "into table ....."
 clauses.
>On each into clause you will then specify your different when clauses.
 The
>downside to this is that SQL*Loader reads through the entire input file
 for
>each into clause - so if you your input is very big the load will take
 much
>longer.

Deon,

The WHEN clauses are evaluated for each input record, the input file is *not* run multiple times.

Andy

Andy Hardy (Internet: aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk, CIS: 100015,2603) PGP key available on request

        Deck Us All With Boston Charlie

Deck us all with Boston Charlie,
Walla Walla, Wash., an' Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley,