FORMS v.3 and Y2K compliance

From: Martyn Cavett <cavett_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: 1996/12/08

I am heading a team that has run into a problem with Forms v.3 and date formating problems that are not Year 2000 compliant. (We are running two mature systems each with about 1,500 FORMS v.3)

  1. The standard date format in Forms is 'DD-MON-YY'. Forms does not recognise 'DD-MON-RR' format, and using the full 'DD-MON-YYYY' causes display problems for forms geared to the standard layout.
  2. FORMS v.3 runs PL/SQL v.1 which also does not recogise the 'DD-MON-RR' format, hence that format mask cannot be used when using a 'TO_DATE()' function. Embedded SQL is o.k. 'cause it runs on the server (v.7.2 and PL/SQL v.2.x)

Has anyone else come across this, or have simple, quick solutions? The ideal solution would mean that we don't need to increase the date format over the current width, yet still deal with the 2000 date issue inherent in 'DD-MON-YY'.

--
Martyn Cavett
home: cavett_at_globalnet.co.uk