Integration of FORMS+REPORTS...

From: Srikanth Kasam <skasam_at_thunder.ocis.temple.edu>
Date: 1996/12/08

Hi all,

        I created a record group, populated it, created a parameter list... Now I am using the Add_parameter and then calling run_product. I am having problem as my run_product executes before the control even goes to add_parameter itself. I observed this by putting messages before add_parameter call, after it, befor run_product and after it.

The code is as follows:

message('Going to Add_parameter... ',acknowledge);

	add_parameter(pl_id,pat, DATA_PARAMETER, rg_name);
        message('Just added parameter.... ',acknowledge);
	run_product(reports, 'c:\orant\report25\sri',synchronous,runtime,
			filesystem,pl_id,null);
        message('Executed the run product.... ',acknowledge);

Where 'pat' is the Query name in reports...

'rg_name' is the record group name I created...
'c:\orant\....' is the report file...
The result is:

First I get the message (Going to add parameter...) Next, The parameter form of report gets executed, And I see the result of the Query I have in the reports file ???? Next, after exiting the reports, the message(Just added the parameter..) In the end, message(Executed the run product....) with out acknowledge.

I do not understand this anomaly...
Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you very much
Srikanth Received on Sun Dec 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message