Developer 2000 population question

From: Nathan Thomas Houser <nhouser+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: 1996/12/07

Hi, I am in need of an answer to the following question. I am using Developer 2000's Oracle Forms Designer. Any suggestions? Thanks.

...Nathan

I have two tables [I'll call these tables allegation(PK=alleg#) and child(PK=child#)] that are linked through a linking table[PK=(alleg#_at_, child#_at_)]. There are also other attributes in the linking table. My problem is that I populate the key in the linking table automatically via a trigger. Next, I need to manually enter data for the remaining attributes in the linking table. How can I pass the values used to establish the PK to the new form, in which I can enter the remaining data? This new form will open automatically, for the user to enter the additional information, but I don't want the user to have to select child# or alleg#.

Thanks for the help.

...Nathan