Re: Cross user FK relationships

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/12/07

Nathan Stiltner <nks_at_stanleyassoc.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We are trying to establish a relationship between tables belonging to
>two owners in an Oracle 7.1.3 database. No matter what rights the user
>who tries to run the alter script has (i.e. dba, etc.) the database
>comes back with an error saying that it cannot find the table even
>though we fully qualified it (i.e. owner.tablename). Does anyone know
>if this is supported in Oracle?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help!
>
>Nathan Stiltner

Hi there

Did you check whether user1 has got the all the privileges to access user2 tables. You can check this in SQLPLUus by typing the following.

desc user2.emp

If you have this, I think it should work. If not, as a temporary measure, issue DBA rights to user1 and try the statement. If it works, then it all points to some additional privileges which needs to be issued to user1. After that you can remove DBA privilege from user1.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Sat Dec 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message