Re: Oracle Personal 7

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1996/12/05

Rajan Rai wrote:

> I am new to Oracle. I want learn Oracle nad was thinking of buying
> Oracle personal 7 to practice on. Is oracle Personal 7 the same as the
> other Oracle databases run on say unix, AS/400. Will I be able to work
> on Oracle databses run the platforms mentioned above.

  The architecture is different. For Personl Oracle 7, it is single-process Oracle while for UNIX, it is multiple-process Oracle. Anyway, the basic functionalities are similar.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841