Re: Web Form - UNIX Script

From: H.G.Unseld <hgunseld_at_unseld.co.at>
Date: 1996/12/05

Egli Shelley M wrote:

> I'm trying to perform a simple "copy" command within a shell script that
> is launched from the Web. My form only contains 3 fields: doc nbr,
> source directory & destination directory that the user fills in. When
> they submit the form, it is suppose to perform the copy command. The
> source and destination directory paths contain slashes and I'm wondering
> if this is my problem area. When I print my values back, they show a
> "%20" where the directory slash should be. Do I need to add something
> to my script to decode this? My script is below:

I do think that this might be your problem. Certain special characters are translated in order to avoid messing up the query string (imagine what would happen if you use '=', '&' and so on). I don't know precisely if slashes are classified this way, but deferring from your result I believe so. I'd just try to translate the '%20' into slashes. You also should be aware that your filenames could contain those characters.

   Roman Bobrovsky Received on Thu Dec 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message