Re: Views in ORACLE 7.3

From: Axel Schlueter <schluete_at_deneb.informatik.uni-hannover.de>
Date: 1996/12/05

In article <32A416FA.4E97_at_adra.se> Roger Wernersson <roger.wernersson_at_adra.se> writes:

> nkimtong_at_starnet.gov.sg wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > Can someone tell me is it possible to update view based on more than one table in ORACLE 7.3?
> >

> Yes, I can. No, it's not.
>
> /Roger
> --
> Sport radio: people listening to people watching people having fun
> Mailto:roger.wernersson_at_adra.se
> BTW: All opinions are mine, all mine, and nobody's but mine.

Sorry, false!

Take a look at Server Concepts, page 5-12 (Version 7.3). On page 5-13, you see the rules, which columns can be updated.

You find the columns of a view that can be updated in the data dictionary views USER/ALL/DBA_UPDATABLE_COLUMNS

Axel Schlueter
Universitaet Hannover, Germany Received on Thu Dec 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message