Re: IOUW or OpenWorld?

From: Your Name <Yourname_at_somwhere.COM>
Date: 1996/12/04

In article <19961203014800.UAA27339_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>, gr8dba_at_aol.com says...

>I have attended several previous IOUW conferences (which I found fairly
>valuable), and just attended Oracle's OpenWorld (which I found somewhat
>less
>valuable). As I plan for the upcoming year, I find that I will not have
>enough funding to attend both conferences. So, if I am forced to choose
>one,
>which one should it be? I am inclined to choose IOUW in the spring, but
>I'd
>like to be sure this is the right choice. Any comments or opinions?
>
>Bob Jones
>Lead DBA
>TAP, Inc.

Bob (and others interested), Conferences presented by Oracle Corp. are geared more toward new technologies and presenting Oracle's marketing message. If you are a DBA, developer, or technical manager interested in solution-oriented technical eduation and opportunities to network with other users, then IOUW is the conference for you. In addition, attending IOUW '97 will give you the knowledge you need to be more productive at your job when you return home. In fact, IOUW will be less expensive to attend than many conferences, so it gives attendees the most value for the educational dollar.

The IOUG-A has received a great deal of input on IOUW '97, and we direct you to our web page to read the "official" position of the IOUG-A in response to this and similar questions.

Our web address is http://www.ioug.org

Dave Kreines
Director of Member Services
International Oracle Users Group - Americas

IOUW '97 Dallas, TX USA
April 28 - May 2, 1997 Received on Wed Dec 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message