Re: Connect VB app. to Oracle DB.

From: Chad E Cornelison <chad_at_ccs.neu.edu>
Date: 1996/12/04

I am working with a rather old VB app that used oracle glue which I'm having a few problems with (maybe i'll post Q's later) Oracle glue was based on DDE and is now discontinued / obsolete. There is no current version of oracle glue. As best I understand it, it was replaced by something called "Oracle Objects for OLE" which uses an OLE2 Based approach. In order to switch, the VB app must be re-engineered. New Development shoudldn't be done with glue. (this came from ORacle Tech support). Specifics I do not know.

Hope that helps.

-Chad

# Chad chad_at_ccs.neu.edu #
# Eric Graduate as of Dec 95 #
# Cornelison Employed at TRECOM Business Systems #