Re: Oracle 7.3

From: Great Shark <hyper_at_ms3.hinet.net>
Date: 1996/12/04

On 17 Nov 1996 20:02:31 GMT, "David A. Cook" <cstp04_at_daphnis.cs.depaul.edu> wrote:

>I would like to ask a few questions about 7.3 and symmetrical replication.
>I work for a large, 1,000+ chain of restaurants and I have a few technical
>questions.
>1) Does anyone have experience with a large distributed DBMS using Oracle
>7.3? We
> would like to keep the master databases at the stores and replicate with
>Corporate periodically.
>
>2) Any ideas on a price range for this type of setup?
>
>3)We have legacy financial systems and would need to interface information
>from this database to the 390.
> Would I do this with PL/SQL, or could we just write COBOL programs with
>embedded SQL to get at the information
> we need from this database?
>
>I apologize, but I am somewhat less technical, and I am trying to justify a
>move to Oracle.
>
>Thanks in advance, cstp04_at_daphnis.cs.depaul.edu
>--
>David A. Cook

  1. If you would replicate database periodically, you should try Sybase system 11, our company had used Sybase & Oracle over 1 year, I had suggestion to my manager to drop Oracle database beacuse of bad performance than Sybase.
  2. The price is based on how many connections to your database.
  3. Choose PowerBuilder, a well known database front end tools of world. They have interface to 390.

Hope this help. Received on Wed Dec 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message