ODBCExpress & ODBC Problems!!!

From: K. Wade Turner <turnerk_at_dimensional.com>
Date: 1996/12/03

I am evaluating ODBCExpress(both 16 and 32-bit) for use in our in-house products. I have been developing with Delphi 1.x and 2.x for 6 months now and have run into some problems with Borland's BDE, namely speed. I have some people who will need connections at speeds close to dial-in.

Our environment consists of an Oracle 7.2 server on our NetWare 4.1 server. We have both 16 and 32-bit clients but for the rest of this discussion I have been testing with the 32-bit version in Delphi 2.0. I have been testing with the following ODBC drivers:

    Oracle v1.15.0301
    INTERSOLV v2.12.0000
    Visigenic v2.00.0800

    OpenLink v1.50.1120

The Oracle and OpenLink drivers can connect to the database but don't seem to contain enough Level 2 compatability to work. The Visigenic driver works but is VERY slow. The INTERSOLV driver is the one I am most interested in but have run into another problem. I have compiled your ODBCGRID example and with the INTERSOLV driver I get the following error while populating the grid:

    [INTERSOLV][ODBC Oracle Driver]In SQLExtendedFetch, only     SQL_FETCH_NEXT is supported for SQL_SCROLL_FORWARD_ONLY cursors.

I have tried every combination of values for the ExtendedFetch, CursorType, and ConcurrencyType values but nothing seems to work. Do you have any suggestions?

As I said, I am evaluating this software for use in a large scale project, but if I can't solve this problem soon I will need to look elsewhere. Please let me know of any help/hints you can.

Thanks,

K. Wade Turner
Email: turnerk_at_dimensional.com Received on Tue Dec 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message