Re: [Q] How do I drop a column from a table?

From: Roger Wernersson <roger.wernersson_at_adra.se>
Date: 1996/12/03

Steve Crowe wrote:
> It has lots
> of stuff on adding and modifying columns, but not one word on deleting
> or dropping them.

Hi! Unfortunately, you can't drop columns from tables. You can rename a table and then create a new without the column with the old name but then you will lose your triggers. I do think, though, that functions, procedures and views still work, unless, ofcourse, you reference the dropped column.

--
Sport radio: people listening to people watching people having fun
Mailto:roger.wernersson_at_adra.se