Re: Views in ORACLE 7.3

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1996/12/03

nkimtong_at_starnet.gov.sg wrote:

> Hi
> Can someone tell me is it possible to update view based on more than one table in ORACLE 7.3?

  Yes, you can update a view created from more than one table. Anyway, there are many conditions:

For update
You can update the columns of the key-preserved table. If your view is created with WITH CHECK option, you cannot update the join columns and the repeated table.

For delete
You can delete the record if and only if there is one and only one key-preserved table. If your view is created with WITH CHECK option, you cannot delete the record if it is a repeated table.

For insert
You can insert data into the non-join columns of the key-preserved table. If your view is created with WITH CHECK option, you cannot insert any record.

--
Name        : Lun Wing San
Title       : Oracle developer of the Hong Kong Productivity Council