Re: Connect VB app. to Oracle DB.

From: Miles Thomas <See_sig_for__at_ddress.com>
Date: 1996/12/03

In article <575ja1$bp1_at_newton.pacific.net.sg>,

   N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>dosa_at_tezcat.com (**Kim Dosa**) wrote:
>>
>>Hi,
>>We are about to develop a Visual basic application that
>>connects to Oracle database, and we don't want to use
>>ODBC. We believe ODBC is very slow and want to find
>>any other solution besides using ODBC.
>>Does anybody have any idea???
>>Thanks,
>>Ben.
>>

>Hi there,
>
>In our project we used Oracle*Glue instead of ODBC. Glue is very flexible
>and it is very easy to learn, code and maintain applications.
>
>Moreover it is faster than ODBC for retrieval of data. It supports all
>Oracle functionalities.
>

>Regards
>
>N.Prabhakar

Oracle*Glue doesn't seem to be a standalone product anymore, as far as I can find our from Oracle. But I'd like to know more about it, since it would be useful in my current project.

Which product is it (now) in?

Is there a Fact sheet/white pages anywhere?

What features does it support?

Thanks in advance,

Miles Thomas

Miles Thomas
Logica UK Ltd
thomasm_at_logica.com
The above are personal opinions, and are not necessarily the opinions of my employer. Received on Tue Dec 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message