Re: SQL*Net sqlnet.expire_time in sqlnet.ora ???

From: Stephen A Tahmosh <tahmossx_at_itd.ssb.com>
Date: 1996/12/02

Sean Kubovcik <sean.kubovcik_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
:>What kind of process termination will the following sqlnet.ora parameter kill?
:>sqlnet.expire_time=
:>My setting is currently 0. Sometimes, I have user processes that hanging around when they
:>disconnect. Will this parameter kill any process that is longer than the time set? What about a
:>user process that takes 5 hours to run? This process would not be desired for deletion.
:>Any input will be appreciated.
:>Thanks.
:>Sean
:>

I believe, but am not certain, that it will terminate processes which have not had any database interaction for n minutes, and which the server has not received an acknowledgement from a "heartbeat". Note that the parameter must exist in the sqlnet.ora file on the server, and is ignored on the client.

Steve

Steve Tahmosh
State Street Bank Received on Mon Dec 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message