Re: Connect Oracle 7.3 (SQL*Net 2.3) with SQLWindows 5.01

From: Odd Harry Ophaug <odop_at_osl.ifsab.se>
Date: 1996/12/02

Horace Tso Lung Kwong wrote:

> Thanks for giving kind responses.
>
> We are using Oracle database server 7.3.2.2, SQL*Net 2.3.2.1, and SQLWindows 5.01.
>
> Configurations have been made as follows:
>
> 1) In client c:\orawin95\bin as well as c:\orawin95\network\admin (where tnsnames.ora
> and sqlnet.ora placed)are in the path.
>
> 2) Gupta directory c:\gupta is in the path
>
> 3) oracle.ini has a line ORACLE_HOME=C:\ORAWIN95
>
> 4) In SQL.INI in c:\gupta directory,
> a line COMDLL=sqloraw.dll is added to the [winclient.dll] section
> a line remotedbname=oracle, _at_t:host:oracle in [oragtwy] section in which oracle is
> the database name as well as the system_id (the connect string as specified in menu is
> remotedbname=dbname, _at_t:host:system_id)
>
> 5) I can connect in client machine using SQL*Plus with no problem.
>
> 6) Oracle is configured to run in dedicate mode, not MTS mode.
>
> I can only get the error "ORA-3121 no interface driver connected" when I try to connect
> using SQL*Talk or else. Should anyone give me any advice, pls give a help hand. Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Best regards
>
> Devin Ho
> email: devin_at_csi.com.hk

Hi.

You are using SQL*Net version 1 syntax in your SQL.INI. 7.3 does not support SQL*Net ver. 1. You have to specify a ver. 2 service-name (the one you have defined in tnsnames.ora, normally the database name and SID): remotedbname=dbname,_at_dbname.

Odd Harry Received on Mon Dec 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message