Re: Creating a file with PL/SQL

From: Tony Smisovsky <tony.smisovsky_at_swipnet.se>
Date: 1996/12/01

Lluis Martinez wrote:
> =

> Hi,
> =

> I need to create a flat file in the server with PL/SQL.
> It's easy to do this with some package, or I have to
> build a C program ?
> What about security ? An Oracle user is not a Unix
> user, can I find problems here ?
> =

> Thanks in advance,
> Llu=EDs

Hi,
just read in: =

Oracle7 Server Application Developer's Guide (one of the books you take home after office hours, to make your wife happy - you know :-)
Chapter 8 - PL/SQL File I/O
The release 7.3 Oracle Server adds file input/output to PL/SQL.

The package is called UTL_FILE

P.S. I never used it. Since this is the first revision I would not promisse any deadlines when you can have it working.

Good luck
Tony. Received on Sun Dec 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message