Re: Normalized or not, that's the question ...

From: Thomas M. Brittell <brittell_at_kendaco.telebyte.com.telebyte.com>
Date: 1996/11/30

Hello Rene,

Although I don't have an "answer" for you either, I do have a thought which you may want to consider. I think that an important issue concerns how the application will apply its process's to the data for a specific language. By this I mean is a user going to be working in German and Italian on a particular search. If so the structure Graeme mentioned would be needed and the data normalized into one set. If not then separate tables for the sake of maintenance, space and other considerations should be weighed more heavily.

Tom Received on Sat Nov 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message