Re: Any evalutaion of ODBC drivers

From: <rstrouss_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/30

cswstang_at_cs.ust.hk (Tang Wai Shing Wilson) wrote:

>Any ptrs to an evaluation of ODBC drivers, including prices,
>performances, available platforms, DBMS coverage, etc?

>Thanks.

>--
>---
>Tang Wai Shing, Wilson Email: cswstang_at_cs.ust.hk
>Dept. of Computer Science, Tel# : (852)-2358-7004 Fax: (852)-2358-1477
>HKUST, Clear Water Bay Road, Fingerprint: 54 8D 55 F5 B5 1E AC 7E
>Hong Kong. 80 40 23 18 8B 8C ED C4

I think the best one is from InterSolv ... they were formally Q+E. We tried the one from ORACLE and Microsoft and found them to be unreliable at best. The InterSolv license we purchased was a 5-user package for $500. I'm sure they have better deals for a larger site license.

The MicroSoft and ORACLE ODBC drivers are 'free' ... all I have to say is the phrase 'You get what you pay for' rings true in this instance.

Regards,
Ron Strouss
Darigold, Inc.
Seattle, WA Received on Sat Nov 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message