Re: import and export question

From: Rune Lysbakken <runel_at_sn.no>
Date: 1996/11/29

Limin Guo <guo_at_andrews.edu> wrote:

>I need to transfer oracle data from sequent ptx 2.1.5 platform to sun
>solaris 2.4. My quesion is whether or not both platforms have to run
>same oracle release version? How about if oracle 7.1.6 on sequent and
>oracle 7.2.3 on sun?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Have great Thanksgiving all of you.
>
>Limin.

I have moved databases between many platforms and I have never had any problems when the new database is the same or a newer version. I've had some general proplems with exp/imp though, concerning long columns. If you have big files stored in long columns (blobs) you must have enough memory to hold the biggest blob.

Rune Received on Fri Nov 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message