logon time anybody?

From: Vladimir Stavitsky <vlads_at_lvalue.com>
Date: 1996/11/29

Hi, netters;
we did some profiling on our Oracle OCI based C++ objects, and what we found looks pretty ridiculous: on one of the hosts, which is Sun Ultra, we are getting 4 sec average time to get Oracle logon. On another host, which is Sparc 20, we get under 1 sec (some .5 average) consistently.

I am not providing any more details. I have 2 questions: what would be an ideal connect time on a good 1 CPU Ultra Sparc with say 128 Meg RAM? What could be the reason for this poor performance?

Thanks a lot

Vlad

he who hesitates is probably right http://www.webvalue.com Vlad Stavitsky vlads_at_lvalue.com