Re: WRONG ORACLE NEWSGROUP!!! <---------

From: Scott Mattes <smattes_at_erols.com>
Date: 1996/11/29

stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu (Steve Cosner) wrote:

>This comp.databases.oracle newsgroup is being shut down and four new
>groups have been created for you to use. Please stop posting to this
>group, and use the new groups.

>The old group will be removed from many sites after December 9, and
>people will no longer be able to see the messages posted here.

>The new groups were created on October 10 and your site should be
>carrying them by now. The new groups and their newsgroup lines are:

>Comp.databases.oracle.misc Oracle related topics.
>Comp.databases.oracle.tools Oracle software tools/applications.
>Comp.databases.oracle.marketplace Oracle-related jobs, etc.
>Comp.databases.oracle.server
> Oracle database administration/server topics.

>If you can't access the new groups, then contact your system
>administrator immediately and ask for the new groups. Many
>administrators don't add new groups unless a user asks.

>It is important that we all move to the new groups so that the
>articles posted will reach the widest possible audience.

>Regards to all,
>Steve Cosner

fwiw.

I have been looking for these new groups for the last 4 weeks, but never saw them. I have emailed my provider a couple of times, but have never received an answer. Then, I decided to 'refresh' my news group list instead of getting the 'new' groups. Guess what, the new groups were there.

p.s. I am using FreeAgent and the 'refresh' is under the 'Online' menu item.

Scott Mattes
smattes_at_erols.com

Don't support forced abortions -- boycott 'made in China'!

Check out the U. S. Taxpayers' Party at www.ustaxpayers.org

Watch your government employees at http://www.vote-smart.org Received on Fri Nov 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message