Re: Slow response from FORMS query

From: Tony Smisovsky <tony.smisovsky_at_swipnet.se>
Date: 1996/11/28

Andy Horne wrote:

> A developer brought me some SQL which she said was running slowly, so I
> set a trace on and yep, it was. I then ran it myself 'stand-alone' and
> it
> came back straight away. She ran it 'stand-alone' with the same result.
> However, when it is run through FORMS it slows down (104 secs as opposed
> to about .25 sec).
> What is FORMS doing to cause this? Can I change anything to improve it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy Horne

Please, show us some code...
It is difficult (and unnecessary) to speculate on, WHAT was slow. You say SQL, was it SQL or PL/SQL, was it compiled on client or was it stored on server? Some outer joins, maybe ?

I do not do Forms yet, but I did a lot Reports, so may be I can help.

Regards Tony Received on Thu Nov 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message