Re: PL/SQL procedure problem

From: jared still <jared_at_psnw.com>
Date: 1996/11/27

"Gary G" <ggorbon1_at_swarthmore.edu> wrote:

>I have tried to create a procedure, and can't seem to be able to compile

>CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE label AS

> CURSOR c1 IS SELECT apbcons_addr_name,
> from apbcons;

>BEGIN
> FOR c1rec IN c1 LOOP
> INSERT INTO label_run (name)
> VALUES (c1rec.apbcons_addr_name);
> END c1;
>END;
>/
show errors

>-- and this is the message I get at SQL prompt

>>Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

At this point, you need to execute the command 'show errors'. Just put it in your script, as I've done above. That way, you will see the error message. Without, you won't have a clue as to what the problem is.

> real: 160

Don't have any idea what this is

>Input truncated to 24 characters
This just means that the last line of your script has 24 spaces and a newline. Just make sure the last line is a single newline, and this message will go away.

Jared Still
ValueRx/RxNet
Oracle DBA - DG/UX Sysadmin - Part Time Perl Evangelist jared_at_psnw.com Received on Wed Nov 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message