Moving/Copying Long Data

From: Stephen Lanza <slanza_at_digitalid.com>
Date: 1996/11/27

I am trying to write a routine that will backup a table. I understand that the create table statement using the 'as' option or an insert with a select will do what I want with the exception that neither of these alternatives will work with long columns.

Using a pl/sql procedure would work if pl/sql long variables did not have a limit of 32K bytes. How do you copy a table with a long column without resorting to selecting all the records across the network to my front end application and inserting them back over the network?

Thanks for any help.

Stephen Lanza

Software Complement      |  Email:  slanza_at_digitalid.com
8 Pennsylvania Avenue    |  Voice:  717-491-2492
Matamoras, PA 1833       |  Voice:  717-686-1898